Brent is best known for founding the Code-Free Startup, where over 10000 non-technical founders have learned how to build apps without needing a computer science degree.
You can check out his writing at Art of Cleverness
Code-Free Startup was launched May 31, 2016 and made over $250’000 in revenue.
After building the product initially for a small group of Bubble users, he launched on Product Hunt and was overwhelmed by the response. 1000 upvotes, $3k in monthly revenue overnight. After the launch, he spent the next 8 months building out content and focusing on sustainable growth.
Code-Free Startup was acquired in 2018.
He shared his early experiences on Reddit.
- Built an education platform to teach non-coders how to build their MVP with tools like Zapier, Blockspring and Bubble. First week live, just hit $1K MRR and I’m really tired
- Posted here 8 months ago when I hit $1k/month in revenue. Just hit $10k/m, still don’t know what I’m doing. Some random thoughts
Brent found that he had fallen into the trap many founders can’t avoid: it’s just hard to kill your darlings. He created a site to grade his many projects.
You can check it out at Launching Myself.
He shared his experiences with some of his failed startups.
- Things I still don’t know after building a six-figure business
- Advice from my heroes: How I turned AMAs into my secret weapon
- How I Created a Business in 10 Minutes with Amazon
- Almost tricked myself (again) into starting an unprofitable business
- Why it’s getting harder to build startups
- Four areas I’m focusing on for my next business