Cathryn Lavery is an entrepreneur and creator. She is the cofounder and creator of Best Self.
You can read more about her work history at Starting From Nothing: One Entrepreneur’s Journey
In 2016, she shared behind-the-scenes photos of her workspace.
Best Self won the Peoples Choice Award in the 2016 Shopify Build A business Competition.
The first product Best Self released was a journal. The journal was described as a powerful yet simple daily planner to help you structure your day, enjoy life, and reach your goals quicker than you thought possible.
She wrote more about creating the product:
The Best Self business was originally a 50/50 split between Cathryn and her business partner. She ended up working full time on the business while he stepped away completely. In 2020, she ended that business partnership. She shared more about the business experiences at:
- Why 50/50 partnerships are lazy and the expensive lessons learned from a toxic business partnership
- Lessons learned from a TOXIC partnership
Little Might is Cathryn’s main website. It is where she shares ideas, tools & strategies to help you bring your ideas to life and make an impact in the world.
Idea to Impact
Idea to Impact is Cathryn’s weekly newsletter. She share actionable strategies, interesting articles & helpful resources that will take you from idea to execution.
The newsletter hit 4324 subscribers in November, 2020.
The Filmography Of Aircraft
The Filmography Of Aircraft is giant poster illustrating 100 years of Aviation in Film. 66 intricately detailed hand-illustrations from 1903 to the modern day.
The project was funded in 12 hours and she ended up raising $25,161.
She wrote more about the experience at:
- How I raised $25,161 on Kickstarter in 30 Days.
- Kickstarter Economics 101: The True Costs of a Successful Project
The Filmography Of Guns
Cathryn followed up by creating a similar product focusing on guns. The Filmography Of Guns print illustrated a visual history of iconic guns from film and television in 115 intricately detailed hand-illustrations.
Very On Brand
In 2012, the Calm The Ham collection was created as a side project. It was rebranded as Very On Brand in 2019.
- 7 Lessons from 3 Successful Kickstarter campaigns
- Step-by-Step Guide to Launching a Successful Kickstarter campaign
- The Ultimate Guide to a Great Crowfunding Project Page
Creating A Physical Product
In 2016, Cathryn was selected for Forbes #30Under30. She was disqualified after telling Forbes that she had just turned 30. She jokingly posted about making it on a ’40 Under 40′ list. Someone nominated her for one.
Years In Review
- Cathryn Lavery – Launching DTC Brands and Picking the Perfect Co-Founder
- Developing a Runaway Bestselling Product with Self Journal Co-Creator Cathryn Lavery
- Consistency, Integrity, & Reciprocity With Cathryn Lavery of Best Self Co
- Selling $25m of journals through Shopify and Amazon with Cathryn Lavery of BestSelfCo
- Cathryn Lavery of BestSelf Co Tells Us Why Identifying As a Problem-First Company can Help You Navigate any Challenge
- Building a Global Brand From Zero to Eight Figures in 24 Months at Craft and Commerce