Jack Butcher is the founder of Visualize Value. The Visualize Value business offers content, community and courses for building independent income on the internet. Jacks focus on transparency and quality design has earned him a large following on social media.
To celebrate the first year of Visualize Value, he created a print book.
He provided an overview of his design career at Introducing Myself.
In November, 2020, Visualize Value had crossed the 3,000 student mark.
Daily Manifest is a distillation of the “best of” many different habit tracking apps, journal formats, coaches and time management system.
Design Fundamentals is a 30 lesson workshop to help you create meaningful visual communication. It starts by teaching you the fundamental concepts, and ends in giving you the tools to execute.
Jack announced the product in May, 2020. He built the product in public and shared frequent updates on Twitter. Within 24 hours, he had 57 preorders. Within a week, he had sold 282 copies and earned $27,918.
Design Fundamentals officially launched on May 8th. At that point, he had earned $43,659 from 441 sales.
By late June, he had nearly 1000 students.You can read a preview of the course introduction at Value.app
Build Once, Sell Twice
Build Once, Sell Twice is an information product that teaches you how to create products based on your specialized knowledge. It breaks down the strategy and tactics Jack has used to scale the Visualize Value brand to $100,000/mo in revenue at a 99% profit margin over the course of 18 months. It comprises of a series of videos, articles and example exercises.
You can can get overview of the main ideas in the 10 Concepts from Build Once, Sell Twice Twitter thread. He also posted a preview of the executive summary at Value.app.
Visualize Value Community
The VV community is a membership program for those building independent income on the internet.
Value is a web app that hosts the best of Visualize Value. The content is created by both Jack and friends of the brand.
He posted a tweet sharing the website traffic a couple of days into the launch
Running An Online Business
- How to build a six figure service business (January 2020)
- $0-$3,000 a day in 12~ months (March, 2020) He created a YouTube video based on this thread.
- The three tiers of making money “online” (March, 2020)
- What I’ve learned in 12 short months of running a profitable business that relies solely on organic content (March, 2020)
- Divorce your time and income (July, 2020)
Growing Your Brand
- How to build your own media company: (January 2020)
- Package your way to bigger paydays (May, 2020)
- The Permissionless Apprenticeship (May, 2020)
- Build a Reputation that Pays (September, 2020.) The next day, he sold $4.17k worth of products
- Sell your sawdust (December, 2020.) A thread about building in public
- The Attention Economy: As the price of attention increases, so does the cost (March, 2019)
- 10 ideas that changed my life (July, 2020)
- How to create value (September, 2020)
He frequently shares his Twitter statistics, focusing on the changes over the previous 28 days.
He also provides yearly comparisons
The Visualize Value Brand
- Visualize Value hit 100k followers in October 2020.
- It took about 6 months to get @visualizevalue to 5,000 on Twitter. It took @value 6 weeks.
The more expensive the product, the more page views it takes to move units. In this example, he sent one tweet with a call to action. He had 1700 total sessions and sold $2629 worth of product.
He accidentally deleted reviews on Shopify when deleting what he thought was duplicate pages. They were the original.
Jack frequently provides updates on sales and growth on Twitter. This section organizes these updates chronologically.
- Revenue for 2020 up until March 10. After 14 months, he had grown Visualize Value to $6k a month.
- Daily revenue range for first 11 days of March, 2020. Revenue ranged from $48 – $942.
- Stats for March up until March 25. This was around the time Covid started to impact on sales.
- Sales between April 6 and April 12 2020. He averaged $1k/sales a day that week.
- First six figure month was May, 2020. It was the first time product revenue had exceeded service revenue. The year before, he was earning around $300/month from products. By the months, end, he hit 100k of product sales
- This chart shows sales over time from January 2019 until May 2020
- In September, 2020, he sold $100k of product. This partially due to a discount that ran from 50,000 to 51,000 followers.
- March 11 2020: $384 in sales from 501 visitors. Month to date is $4,101.88.
- March 17, 2020: $196 in sales from 196 visitors.
- April 15, 2020: Record day of revenue with $11’906 in sales
- 2018 vs. 2019. In 2018, he earned $9837. Between January 1 and October 18 2019, he’d made over $450k
- April 2019 vs. April 2020. In 2019, he earned from $366.15 from 15 customers. In 2020, he earned $48333.80 from 795 sales.
- October 2019 vs. October 2020. In 2019, he made $1063.38 in sales from 141 orders. In 2020, he earned 164,710 in sales from 1253 orders.
In September, he ran a promotion offering free products in exchange for the readers email address. He ended up giving away $70’000 worth of product and got 2000 new subscribers.
- Building An Audience, Creating Wealth + Visual Storytelling at Creator Lab
- Building a $1m/year Course in 18 Months with Jack Butcher from Visualize Value at The Hustle
- Making Ideas Visible: David Perell + Jack Butcher
- Build Once, Sell Twice With Jack Butcher at Gumroad Creators Studio