Rishi Trapathy is a builder, writer and entrepreneur. He is passionate about startups, product management and building in public.
You can read his updates at his newsletter
Rishis personal website is hosted on Notion. It doesn’t have the same format as a traditional website or blog.
Rishi has created a personal user manual which has advice on working with him.
Rishi is currently the chief of staff at On Deck.
In August, 2020, Rishi announced that he was joining On Deck as the first hire in their Education organization. In late October, he became the chief of staff. In mid-November, he started managing a small group of interns.
He shared more about his experience in a Twitter thread.
Rishi was an apprentice for Steve Schlafman for 8 weeks during 2020. He was chosen out of 100 applications. He shared more about the experience, including how he made his application stand out, at What’s Cookin’? Reflections on a Summer with Schlaf. He open-sourced his application.
One of his key focuses was the High Output Founders’ Library. He shared the behind the scenes details behind its creation at The Making: High Output Founders’ Library
So you Want to Be a Product Manager?
Rishi joined forces with Jennifer Chin to teach a class at Duke about developing product culture.
The class was project-based, with the majority of the semester being centered around three deliverables they thought were representative of some of the things PMs do.
- Teams of two are awesome & different
- I treasure friendships with a balance of goofiness and reflectiveness
- Generosity is strictly positive-sum (two stories!)
- Time tracking is insanely insightful
- Why I love board games
- My WFH setup will never be good enough
- The problems I’m deeply passionate about
- What meaningful impact means to me
- What I’m excited/scared for (moving to SF soon)
- A Jazz/Hip Hop music routine I love while working
- How to approach & execute a productive 1:1
- More about my relationship with risk taking
Why interested people are interesting
GPT-2/3 and how Rishi saw it being absolutely crazy, and how he can see it changing his conversations with hometown friends
We’re trending more and more towards shorter, quicker, rawer thoughts. Rishi talks about:
- The tech trends and behaviors that led us here
- What value this might unlock/where further opportunity lives
Lessons learned about onboarding
Advice for people who feel like they’re being pulled in 10000000 directions professionally.
The first in a series at On deck.
10 minute read. Figure out whether product management is right for you, and if so, how you can get started.
Quick advice from Rishi on how to approach finding a job at a startup.
Rishi Tripathy – Ikigai and Apprenticeships at Student Mindset podcast