Shu is a writer/videographer from Tokyo, Japan. He makes videos on Youtube and writes articles about note-taking, productivity, lifestyle and passive income.
He has a free newsletter at Revue. He shares bite-sized information about note-taking, lifestyle, personal finance and health.
Shue makes videos about
- Building an audience online
- Making a living doing what you love, and
- Other random things he loves (e.g. app reviews, passive income, health, filming, video editing etc.)
He hit ten thousand subscribers at Sep 2, 2020.
- A Twitter thread about his theory on “how to build an audience online effectively.”
- A Twitter thread about lessons learned on his Youtube journey
- My Youtube Setup and How I Make My Youtube Videos (Youtube video)
- How Shu Omi got started on Youtube (Youtube video)
Shu thinks it’s important to have both Storage and Factory in your note-taking system. In Idea Factory, you can deconstruct the information you consume into smaller ideas, using a note-taking method like Zettelkasten, and then reconstruct new ideas with the Evergreen Notes
He expanded on this in a Medium post How to Build the Ultimate Note-Taking System — Idea Storage and Idea Factory.
His morning consists of two parts – brain dumping and scheduling (Time-blocking)
He has curated many of his Youtube videos to create a free e-course on Roam Research. You can view them at Roam Research Course: A Complete Guide
He has also created videos sharing how he uses it: