In September, 2017, he said that donations didn’t work. “I’ve got 5 donations from 8,000 unique visitors, so conversion = 0.0625%.
Sheet2Site is a tool that allows you to create your own website using only Google Sheets. It allows you to build a fully functional website with pictures, text, filters and links.
By April 2019, he was closing in on $1,000 MRR.
In April, 2020, Sheet2Site reached over $10k MRR.
- In November, 2018, he reported having a .025 – .06% conversion rate. This was despite having 8-10k visitors a month.
- Gross revenue after removing the free plan
- He experimented with launching the product on Google Sheet Add-On Marketplace. He got 200 users in 3 weeks.
- In September, 2020, he experimented with different designs for landing pages. He shared them in a Twitter thread.
In 2018, Andrey quite his job to follow his passion. He gave himself one year to find success and build a startup. He wrote more about the decision at I quit my job and I have one year to get to profitability.
He provided monthly updates on Twitter:
- In April, his gross revenue was over $1500.
- In May, he was 24% of his way to his goal of $1k MRR. Total gross revenue was $798
- By the end of June, his MRR was $252 with $671 total gross.
- In July, his MRR was $216 and gross revenue was $1485
- In August, his MRR was $225 and total gross revenue was $622
- In September, his MRR was $185 and total gross revenue was $445
- In October, his MRR was $164 and total gross revenue was $752
- In November, his MRR was $257. Total gross revenue was $2516, but a lot of that was from one time sales.
- In December, his MRR was $854. This was largely due to EncryptMyPhotos.
He reached his goal of hitting $1000 MRR in June, 2019. He wrote about it more at Hardcore Year is done: My journey from quitting my job to building 7 apps and $1,000+ MRR.
Progress Bar OSX
Progress Bar OSX is a macOS menu bar app that showing progress of day, year, month and life. He shared how he created and launched the product at Hardcore Year: I Learned Swift, Build a Mac app and Earned $1635 in 1.5 months. The post also covers what happened after the launch.
He launched Progress Bar in April, 2018. Within 24 hours, the website had 6’500 unique visitors and he’d earned $430 in revenue. The gross revenue was $2,110.
When To Surf
When To Surf was a web app that shows best time to surf based on your location
The above article went viral. Andrey shared the details at When To Surf became #1 app in Sports, Weather, Surfing on Product Hunt + 3000 people tried it.
Push To Deploy
Push To Deploy was a physical big red button that would deploy your website to production after you hit it.
He created a MVP of the product and launched it online. He calculated that he would have to make $1000 (50 buttons) in pre orders to be able to start the production. He only got #288 in pre orders so ended up refunding the buyers. He shared more at Upvotes are not sales! Lessons learned from launching a physical product.
Dark mode list
Dark Mode List is a website with a list of web, desktop and mobile apps that support dark mode.
Andrey launched the project in November, 2017. Within one day, it had 3500 unique visitors.
He shared some statistics after the launch:
- One week later: the website had gotten over $7152 visitors and earned $9 in revenue.
- 10 days later: averaging 240 new visitors per day
- One year later: the website got 71,102 and earned $259.
Make OS Great Again
MacBook Alarm – now called Beepify – is macOS app. It makes a loud alarm sound if someone tries to steal your laptop.