Wes Kao is an expert on cohort based courses.
Previously, she was co-founder and Executive Director of Seth Godin’s altMBA
In 2015, she did an experiment where she blogged for 29 days straight.
In July, 2020, she celebrated the 10 year anniversary of her blog.
Maven is a platform for cohort-based courses. Wes co-founded Maven with Shreyans Bhansali and Gagan Biyani.
You can learn more about the concept at a dedicated Notion page.
Part of the launch involved a free course on How To Build A Cohort Based Course.
The altMBA is an intensive, 4-week online workshop designed by Seth Godin for high-performing individuals who want to level up and lead.
She has written about the strategies she used for the project at How to grow a community from 0 to 2,000+ active alumni
Before the altMBA, she was Special Projects Lead for Seth Godin HQ, where she produced bestselling Udemy courses, hackathon days, the 7-day Your Turn Challenge, and the bestselling Leadership Workshop. She shared some of the behind the scenes details at her blog.
- Shipped: Seth Godin’s Freelancer course on Udemy
- Design considerations for launching the Your Turn book on Instagram
Good Morning Love
Good Morning Love was a side project Wes shipped in 2015. It was a seven day drip email campaign where you write lovey-dovey notes that get sent to your partner every morning from Feb 14 – Feb 21
She wrote about it more at The Complex Psychological Hooks I Used to Build a “Simple” Side Project.
- How is community building different for CBCs vs other products? What are challenges unique to courses?
- Analysis of course communities
- How do you become an end-to-end marketer?
- Marketers are put in a tight spot: How to reframe tricky products
- Brand vs performance marketing
- How to end meetings on time
- How to on-board yourself when you join a new team
- List of modifiers to strengthen or soften (language)
- How to give feedback
- Turning bugs into features is one of the easiest & most powerful ways to create a frame shift.
- Startup culture glorifies failure